- Lighting should come from in front of you in order to best light your face
- Keep your background clear of distractions
- Look at your webcam, not at the screen
- Use gestures and mannerisms that you would typically use in person
- Test your microphone and make sure it's not too low or too loud.
- Make sure your microphone is on and close enough to pick up your voice.
- Don't have side conversations.
- If you aren't talking, mute or turn off your microphone.
- Avoid noisy activities like typing while your microphone is on.
- Sit somewhere with a neutral background (or use a virtual background).
- Make sure your camera is on a steady surface to prevent shaking
- Your camera should be at eye level to avoid looking up or down